Added in Sytist 2.8 is the option for a Watch Folder. The Watch option will look for newly uploaded photos uploaded via FTP and process them into the gallery. This can be used if you are using Sytist for onsite events.
- With your FTP program create a new folder inside the sy-upload folder on the server. The name of the folder does not matter.
- Create the gallery in the admin.
- Click the Upload Photos tab and you will see the folder you created under the Select from FTP upload section.
- Click the Watch link.
- This will open the process page in a new tab. As long as that tab is open in the browser it will continue to look for newly uploaded photos to that folder you created and process them into the gallery.
- To end the watch simply close out the tab.
By default, the process will check that the photo has been on the server for more than 30 seconds to ensure that it has completely uploaded.
If you want to change that time amount:
- Click Settings in the main menu.
- Underneath the left menu click edit config file.
- In that file before the closing PHP tag ?> ... add this line of code:
- $setup['watch_folder_wait_time'] = 10;
- That value 10 is the seconds to wait since the file hit the server.