Starting with the Sytist 3.1 update is a new way you can set your class or group photos when using the Passcode Photos option (password protecting individual photos in a gallery). I am going to write this as if it were a school but can be used for team photos and such.
You will need to create a CSV file (spreadsheet saved as a CSV file) with the file name of the students photos, the password for the photos and a column with the file name of the class photo (group column).
With the spreadsheet above if you view the gallery and enter in pass1 for the password, it will pull up the 3 photos with that password (photo-1.jpg, photo-2.jpg, photo-3.jpg) and add a button to view the class photo class 11.jpg.
IMPORTANT: Settings -> Photo Settings
- Set the option "Passcode Photos Search By" to In the title
- UNCHECK the option "When using passcodes in titles, treat untitled photos (no password) as group photos."
Naming the Columns in your Spreadsheet
These are the column names (headers) you should use in your spreadsheet (CSV file). The order doesn't matter when you name the columns :
- FILENAME (the file name of the photo)
- PASSWORD (password for the photo. Multiple photos can have the same password if it is the same person)
- GROUP (the name of the class or group photo file with the .jpg extension)
- EXTRA1 (see below)
If you don't name your columns (header) the import will assume the columns in the order above.
The EXTRA Columns
You can import up to 3 additional fields (extra1, extra2, extra3) which can be exported when exporting ordered products. This can be used for grade, teacher, etc...
You can rename those extra fields in Settings -> Photo Settings so they match up with your CSV file. Example: if your spreadsheet has a column named GRADE, you can rename the EXTRA1 column to GRADE. Otherwise you will need to name the grade column EXTRA1 in your spreadsheet.