Preparing Your Photos For Upload
Also be sure you have saved your photos sRGB color profile for the web. If you don't save or export your photos with the sRGB color profile, they may look dull or washed out.
- Watermark Photos - the option to apply a watermark to the photos when upload. You can set the default status of this by editing the sections the pages are in.
- Apply Logo - the option to apply a logo to the photos when upload. This default can also be set by editing the section.
- Discard Duplicate File Names - with this option selected, if a photo with the same file name is found in the same gallery, it will not upload it and just discard the photo.
- Rotate Based on EXIF data - Attempts to read the EXIF data and rotate the photo if needed. Some programs save that data differently so you may need to test this option with both portrait and landscape oriented photos.
- Replace photos with same file name - with this options selected it will replace any photos with the same file names in the gallery.
- Discard original photo files - this option will not save the original photo file uploaded. With this option selected, you will not be able to offer immediate download photos or free photos.
The time it takes to upload photos depends on many factors: The uplink speed of the server, the upload speed of your ISP and the size of the photos.
While the photos are uploading you need to leave the upload screen open. There is a link to open a new tab if you want to do something else while they are upload.
You can also upload via FTP and then have the server process the photos. Also when uploading with FTP you can automatically create sub galleries. See this article on uploading via FTP.
Photo Display Settings
IMPORTANT - If you are displaying photos for selling - proofing you MUST use the Thumbnail Gallery option in the photo display settings.
As a Slideshow
Standard Photo On Page With Minis
There are additional settings toward the bottom left of the photo display settings screen:
Enable social share
This enables the ability for someone to share the photo to Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or email. When someone shares a photo, it sends a link back to the gallery where they can see the photo.
This allows the visitor to add to their favorites. For someone to be able to add to their favorites, they have to create an account and be logged in.
Enable Photo Search
This option allows the viewer to search photos within the gallery. It also adds a link to view all tags of photos in the gallery.
Enable Compare Photos
This allows the customer to select photos and compare them side by side.
Enable Time Blocks
This option will create a drop down of time blocks in a gallery for the visitor to select from and pull up photos based on the date / time taken of the photo. See this article for information on this feature.